Updating Your Information
The College’s by-laws require veterinarians to update certain information, in writing, within 30 days of the change.
Change to Home, Work or E-mail
Please submit changes to your home, work or e-mail address in the Professional Practice Portal. Please be sure to include any updates to phone numbers. When making changes to work information, provide the end date of the position you left and the start date of the new position.
Change to Professional Conduct and Suitability to Practice Veterinary Medicine information
Veterinarians must self-report the following:
- finding of guilt of any offence in any jurisdiction, other than under the Highway Traffic Act
- being the subject of a current proceeding in respect of any offence in any jurisdiction, other than under the Highway Traffic Act
- being the subject of a finding of professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity or any like finding, in Ontario or any other jurisdiction in relation to veterinary medicine or any other profession or occupation
- being the subject of professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity investigation or proceedings or any like proceeding, in Ontario or any other jurisdiction in relation to veterinary medicine or any other profession or occupation
- information relating to any mental or physical condition or disorder (which could include an impairment caused by alcohol and/or substance abuse) that might affect the veterinarian’s ability to practise the profession safely.
This information should be emailed to email@example.com. The self-report will be reviewed to determine what level of risk may be posed to the public. After all information is gathered, the College will make a decision about an appropriate response.
Change My Name
Licensed members must practise veterinary medicine in the same name as listed in the Public Register, which is the name that appears on your basic degree in veterinary medicine. If you wish to change your name, you are asked to submit an application to the College Registrar with appropriate supporting documentation.
To request a change to a name listed on the Public Register, please complete and submit the Application for Name Change form.
Adding Specialty Board Certification to My Record
If you have become a board certified specialist, the College will verify the designation by viewing the original board certification or receiving a notarized copy. Once the designation has been verified, the board certification will be added to your record on the Public Register.